Tuesday

Soon-to-be an AWESOME Big Sister Week (aka Baby Week for Tots)

One of the littles we have been watching this year
is getting ready to become
a big sister.
This past week was Little Miss Sunshine's last week
before her baby sister arrives.

So we celebrated this milestone with...
..."Soon-to-be an AWESOME Big Sister" Week!

Here are the activities we did to give
Little Miss Sunshine
a proper big sister send off...


***

Tot Boxes
Rattles and Bottles

I got all these little rattles and bottles
at The Dollar Tree.





(Mad Max wasn't yelling or upset in this pic-
he was shaking one of the rattles with great gusto!)

***

Babies and Buggies

I already had the babies
(and I do not remember from where)
and the buggies was from
The Dollar Tree.




***

Beads, Buggies, and Bop Bops (aka Pacifiers)

I already had the strings and wooden beads,
and the plastic pacifiers and buggies
were from The Dollar Tree.









***

Diaper Toss

The boys especially liked this activity-
I think they spent a good 30 minutes tossing the diapers
into the box!



***

Diaper Snow

***Caution***

This activity is MESSY!  :0)
Before playing with the "snow,"
I talked with the little about what was inside of diapers.

I cut one open...

...and showed them how these little granules of powder
(and the cotton lining)
absorb liquid.

I had previously cut open almost and entire package of diapers,
putting the granules and cotton
in a big bin.
I then added water to the mix,
and let the kiddos explore!


(Diaper Snowball!)

***

Books We Read During the Week




***

Fun Food
For snack time one day,
the kiddos made
"Fruit Loop Teething Necklaces."
All that was needed was yarn and Fruit Loops...




***

Baby Hot Dogs
were on the menu for lunch one afternoon.


To make them,
I cut regular sized hot dogs in half
and wrapped them up
in croissant rolls.

I gave them eyes using toothpicks and blue food coloring,
and then baked them a little longer than the
package directions gave for the croissant rolls.
The entire meal consisted of the following:
Baby Hot Dogs and ketchup
Building Blocks Crackers
(aka Cheez-Its)
Baby Carrots and Building Blocks Cheese Cubes
Baby Bottle Pops for dessert

***

The final activity
the kiddos worked on was
a special gift for
Little Miss Sunshine's future sister.
They all got diapers
and decorated them with Sharpies.
Please note I took the little shirts OFF
before I let them draw...


Yes-
ALL the kiddos,
ages 1 to 11
created decorative diapers
for the new baby.

REMEMBER how I noted earlier
that I took the shirts OFF of the littles
before they began drawing?

Boy-
I am glad I did...
I had given Pretty Princess Pants a washable marker
when she was finished with her diapers
to draw on some paper.
She decided to decorate HERSELF instead!
She looks adorable in green,
don't ya think?
Thankfully,
a quick bath in the sink took care
of most of her tattoos!

:0)

Here are the final gifts for the new baby:



***

I just KNOW that Little Miss Sunshine
WILL be an AWESOME Big Sister!

We can't wait to see you in action with
the baby soon!

***

Some of the ideas from this post
were inspired by the following:



***

Linking up with

No comments:

Post a Comment