Sunday

Sorting is "Tax"ing Work...

 As the kiddos and I continue through
our Biology study using
we learned all about the classification system
used by scientists
 when dealing with animals-
Biological Taxonomy.

After we learned about the different levels
of Taxonomy
(Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species),
I guided the kiddos 
through a sorting activity using the 
Phylum Cards provided by our Biology book and...

...my animal "junk box."


We discovered the following from our sorting:

(We had NO critters in the 
Porifera, Nematoda, Echinodermata, and
Cnidarai Phylums.)





I think the kiddos were surprised to know
that humans are in the same Phylum as
fish and insects.

Next up in our Biology study?

Animal Habitats...

***********************************

Linking up with

1 comment:

  1. I want those cards, they are awesome!

    Thanks for linking up to Science Sunday.

    ReplyDelete