Thursday

stART: "Olive the Other Reindeer" by J.otto Seibold and Vivian Walsh

OK, before I write about what we did today with
Advent/stART,
I need to introduce you to...
...the three special dogs in our lives.

(I think y'all have figured out by now that I do not
use our real names on my blog,
but I am not as worried about protecting
my precious pups' anonymity,
so the names I am listing ARE their REAL names.)

Please meet...
...Snuggles...
...Lady...
...and, our newest addition, Schroeder.

(We have taken him in for my brother,
which thrills my kiddos,
because now they each feel like they have
their OWN dog.
I will NEVER have a clean house again...
*SIGH*)

************************************************

Now that you have met our four-legged friends,
you will understand why we just adore the story of...
...Olive, the Other Reindeer
so much.

After I read the story to the kiddos,
we enjoyed some
Reindeer Chow
for a bedtime snack...

It's SUCH an easy recipe...
Take 6 cups of Crispix-type cereal and put it in a bowl.
Melt 1 cup of peanut butter
and 12 oz of chocolate chips together
on the stove using low heat.
Pour the slightly cooled pb-chocolate sauce
over the cereal and stir it lightly to coat.

Wait 5-10 minutes and then...
...put about one cup of powdered sugar on the cereal.

Shake the cereal in a bag
(or a bowl with a lid like I did)
until the cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
Stash some of the treat away in your
Christmas Cookie Jar...
...and enjoy the rest before bedtime.
Our ever-present four-legged pals
wanted some too...
...but we made sure
to keep it away from them.

(Chocolate + Dogs = No Good!!!)
Reindeer Chow gets us all waggin' our tales...

***************************************************

To check out more Christmas treats,
head on over to Holiday Bliss 2010...

For more fun with books,
please check out stART...

4 comments:

  1. We have this book, and I just love saying the name of it. You're such a great doggy mama. I'm impressed. I feel like my two 5 pound dogs completely take over my home. Way to go with the big ones. :) Yummy looking treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puppy chow looks so yummy! I love this book. My sister introduced it to me. What big dogs!

    ReplyDelete