Sunday

Science Sunday: Bone Mysteries

I have already mentioned that my friend over at
Piecelove and I are teaching a couple of classes
for our homeschool group.

(You can read more about our
Recycled Art class by clicking HERE.)

Besides art, we are teaching a class titled
CSI Science.
(This is the jewelry I wore on the first day of class.)

Yup, we are using bones, fluids, and fingerprints
to learn more about scientific principles
and their important to the world of
criminology.

The fist couple of classes have all been about
the skeleton.

We are doing a unit called
"Bone Mysteries,"
which uses math to figure out the height
of a skeleton,
based upon certain bones.

I could not find the book we are using on the Internet,
but I did find this really cool website
which teaches basically the same things that we are doing.

So, if you are interested in doing some
Spooky Science with your 10-14 year old,
head on over to
"Mystery of the Bones."

**************************************************

For more spooktacular science activities,
head on over to
Science Sunday...

4 comments:

  1. The Bone Mysteries math to determine height sounds quite interesting, especially for older children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been really interesting to me when I was between the ages of 10-14

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 15 yo dd might enjoy this as she thinks she wants to get into forensics...who'd have thunk it :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhhhhh, that's my ghost sound.

    I've got a mystery I'm going to be doing with my little guys in a little bit that's a similar principle, except aimed to little guys (no skeletons, just stuff animals).

    ReplyDelete