Tuesday

Joyfule Sadness...

I am just overwhelmed with joyful sadness after watching
this interview....

Is that possible?

Continue to pray for my minister's family
during this ordeal.

Piecelove wrote the following comment to me yesterday,
and I find such comfort in it:

"Your pastor's statement made me think of Matthew 10.

'So don't be afraid of your enemies(26)....
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but can't kill the soul.
Instead, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell(28)...
Do not think that I came to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring a sword.(34)'

I envy the fervor of people who, at the end of all time,
will have it said that they
"fought the good fight"--2 Timothy 4:7
--rather than "played a good game" or even
"lived a good life."

2 comments: