Friday

July 4th-10th

Highlights from this week include:

*Celebrating the 4th of July
AND
"family" birthdays
at our 
family who is not blood related's
house-
in the NEVER ENDING rain

Even though we couldn't set off
little fireworks,
we still had a great time 
eating
and
laughing
and
making fun of Barry Manilow's face lift during 
Washington D.C.'s 
4th of July show.

(I know, we are SOOOOO bad...)

We celebrated out nation's birthday,
as well as Jungle Girl's
(April 26th),
Super Dad's and my dad's
(July 3rd),
and Baby Girl's upcoming birthday
(July 14th).

There was plenty of cake for EVERYONE...

*Saw "Despicable Me 2" with
Nana and Papa

A-DOR-A-BLE!!!

Just as good as the first one,
in my humble opinion.

It was worth sitting in the front row,
which we had to,
since we were late... :0)

*Spent the evening after the 4th
over at another friends' home,
eating
and
laughing
and 
making fun of each other

(Yes, we are a BRUTAL crowd to hang with!)

I got to also spend time that evening
with a really good friend of mine from college,
and meet her husband and 1 year old son
for the first time!

It was a lovely visit...

*Got Jungle Girl all packed and sent her away
for a week of 
church camp at 

She was nervous to leave us for a week,
but our children's minister 
was going to be there
as well as
several of her church friends,
so I knew she would be in good hands.

I think it is good for the kiddos to go 
AWAY
from me and their Daddy
every once and awhile.

It gives them a chance to be independent-
in small doses-
and find out more about themselves.

I was very proud of her for
pushing the fear aside and going!

*Began homeschooling again
with Baby Girl and Little Wild Man

I like doing more of a year round
approach to school,
and I like to 
EASE the kiddos back into it
after our 6 week Summer break.

*To make the schooling transition more fun,
we slipped in some
learning using the movie
Despicable Me 2

I will be posting about all the activities
we did throughout this next week,
so make certain to come back and see
what we did!

*********************************

To read a photo play by play 
of the above collage,
just click HERE...

******************************

Linking up
with



3 comments:

  1. What a busy week. I went to overnight camp when I was 12. It took lots of bravery, but I loved it. We start back to school in two weeks.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Can't wait to see what you came up with for Despicable Me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week! You make everything sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete