Sunday

Fun with Food Chains

In our science lesson this week,
our 
talked about
Food Chains...
...and Food Webs.

The lesson also discussed such vocabulary terms as
herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, producer, and consumer.

After reading the chapter,
we played a couple of rounds of
a WONDERFUL game created by
Little Wild Man was my partner for the first round...
Not all the matches always paired up realistically,
but it led to some good discussion
about consumers and producers...


 (The girls were sad that they didn't get to keep 
their favorite animals in the game...)

 Little Wild Man also sorted out his cards
into herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores...
This game was an EXCELLENT review for the
food chain concepts...
...and so was reading 

(We also "watched" the book
on YouTube...)

***************************************

Check out more science fun
over at

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I missed commenting on this when you first posted it, I could have sworn I had. Oops.

    I love the game you found, and my kids would too.

    ReplyDelete