Monday

Welcome Lil' Cupcake Baby Shower

I spent Sunday afternoon
hosting a
"Welcome Lil' Cupcake"
Baby Shower
for a dear friend of mine
who is expecting her second child,
but her FIRST baby girl...

I was inspired by all the yummy cupcakes
I was seeing on Pinterest.

So...
...I began the theme with the invitations...
*************************************************

We held the shower at our church,
and since we are one of those crazy 
"old-building-that-added-on-a-new-
building"
type of structures...
...I made certain to post signs to guide the guests.

*************************************************

We used one of the Sunday School classrooms
for the shower,
and I tried to make it as cozy as possible,
considering we had a FLOOD in that part of the
building 2 weeks ago...

(Hence the candles...*AHEM*...)

***********************************************

When the guests entered,
I encouraged them to write a note...
 
...to sweet baby
Kayleigh Elizabeth.

*************************************************

I LOVE the idea of using...
...pretty scrapbook papers to decorate water bottles
for the refreshments.
Cupcakes were the center of attention on the buffet...


(I created these "fake" giant cupcakes
with Styrofoam balls, colorful tissue paper,
coffee filters, big pom-poms, and hot glue.)

I made two kinds of YUM-O cupcakes...
and


*******************************************

We had some of the CUTEST guest attend...



********************************************

The lovely ladies who came brought
many ADORABLE gifties...



(Mama Heather was SO EXCITED to see some outfits
that were not pink-
she is a tad on the "tom-boy" side,
so these sweet PURPLE jumpers delighted her!)
(I L-O-V-E a cheesy grin!)


****************************************

I am SO THANKFUL to all the ladies who came
and brought a...
...BIG smile on this lovely Mother's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment