Tuesday

Bible Alive! Tuesday: Knitted Together

Psalm 139
has been one of
my favorite Biblical passages
for as long as I can remember.

I have read it more times than I can count,
especially when I am not feeling
so hot about about myself...


13
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

(Psalm 139:13-14)

I mean, when you read verses like this,
how can you not see yourself
as a beautiful creation?

**************************************

Well, I want my kiddos to have those verses
imprinted upon their hearts,
so whenever they are felling blue about themselves,
they can be reminded that the
Master of the Universe
hand-crafted them carefully.

And we all know that
"God don't make no junk."

**************************************

After discussing this verse with them today,
I plan on teaching them to finger knit,
with the help of THIS video.

Then we will turn their yarn creations
into bracelets they can wear
as reminders that they are
God's handy-work...

**************************************

So, what have you done,
or are planning to do,
to make the Bible come Alive!
for your kiddos?

Please link up below...

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful - all of it - the Bible passage, your thoughts, and the bracelet idea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete