Saturday

Hoppin' Hankie Bunny

For the craft at our Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt,
I had the kiddos make...
..."Hoppin' Hankie Bunnies."

(I was inspired by THESE Boo-Boo Bunnies,
but since I needed to have supplies
available for 50 families,
I used some thin fabric I already had on hand.

The fabric reminds me of hankie material,
hence the name
"Hoppin' Hankie Bunny.")
I printed out the tutorial I made
and had it set up at the tables with the supplies
so the parents could help the kiddos make the bunnies.

If you would like,
you can download my tutorial by clicking on the following:

Steps 1 & 2
Steps 3 & 4
Steps 5 & 6
Steps 7 & 8
Steps 9 & 10

***************************************************

Step 1:
Lay the fabric square diagonally in front of you.

Step 2:
Roll up one side of the fabric towards the center.

Step 3:
Roll up the other side towards the center.

Step 4:
Pick up the rolled cloth and pinch it into a loop,
with the rolled sides facing out.

Step 5:
Fold the flaps in the front,
back over the loop you just made.

Step 6:
Wrap a pipe cleaner around the part you just folded back.

Step 7:
Wrap the extra pipe cleaner around
the "neck" of the bunny.

Step 8:
Flip the bunny over and adjust the front to make
the ears and face.

Step 9:
Glue a pom-pom on the back of the bunny
to give him a tail.

Step 10:
Take your bunny home to play with,
or use it to hold an Easter Egg!

"Hoppy" Easter, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment