Monday

Camp ROCKS!!! (And no, this is NOT the musical...)

I am S-L-O-W-L-Y getting back into the groove of things
after spending 7 days at camp...

With 62 5th and 6th graders...

17 teenagers...

9 Camp Counselors...

...and 10 kiddos of Camp Counselors.

You got it-

98 warm bodies
(not including the staff that works at the camp all summer)
in 90+ degree heat...

Imagine the smell...

I LOVED IT.
Can't ya tell?

************************************

In all seriousness,
this is my 3rd year of helping
at this week of church camp...
...with this crazy lady as our fearless leader.

She's the Children's Minister at our church,
and her love for Jesus and children is
just plain old CONTAGIOUS...

I have SO MUCH to share from the week,
which I will get to,
slowly but surely...

Our daily schedule with the campers was up at 7am
and scheduled activities ALL DAY LONG until 10pm
(but we were NEVER asleep until at least 11pm).

So, I have much to bore you with this week
in the way of blog posts...

******************************************

Before I leave this for now,
let me give you a final thought...

Church camp is a place...
...to enjoy God's critters...
...explore God's creation...
...love on God's people...
...and discover God's grace!


7 comments:

  1. Awesome! I think my nephew was a jr counselor during that week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound and (I assume) all in one piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! There's a good chance we'll be up there next year...I can't believe my son is getting THAT grown up!!!!! ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic! We missed you while you were gone! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I can't wait to hear all about your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got to love it when people serve using their giftings! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a very rewarding week!

    ReplyDelete