Friday

"Horton Hears a Who" Break-"feast"

We ended the evening of Dr. Seuss' birthday
by watching the movie
"Horton Hears a Who."
(I am sad to say, this is one Dr. Seuss book
that is not in my collection,
but we picked it up at the library today,
so next week we will be making some comparisons
of the book to the Jim Carrey movie version.)

The next morning,
I was inspired to make a
"Horton Hears a Who" Break-"feast" for the kiddos.
The table was set with a vase full of "clover"...
...each complete with their own "speck".
(I created the clover by turning dusters
from the Dollar Tree upside down
and hot gluing a mini white pom-pom
at the top center of the dusters.

Also, to keep the "petals" in place,
I used a rubber band to hold some of them
onto the handle.)

For the break-"feast",
everybody got to eat an elephant!

(The "Hortons" were made from
scrambled eggs, turkey bacon,
cinnamon-sugar toast, and grapes.)
To add to the fun,
the kiddos drank their chocolate milk with
twisty "trunks"
(aka curly straws).

This meal made us smile
From ear to ear,
Nearly a mile!

(Sorry, this was my lame attempt at Seuss inspired poetry!)

5 comments:

  1. THAT is the most awesome breakfast ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Went Horton the Elephant. Egg, Nest, and Tree."
    Okay, I don't remember if they did that story in the movie. They did in Seussical, and I love this book. "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful one hundred percent."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your breakfast ideas! We have some Horton crafts lined up as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Horton breakfast. What a special memory for your kids. The feather duster is also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete