Friday

Weekly Wrap-Up: Hundred's Day is in the House!

This week was a bit on the C-R-A-Z-Y side...

First, a couple of the kiddos were sick
(gotta love the stomach bug- YUCK!).

Second, Little Wild Man was home with us all week
(no preschool because of our yuck-o germs).

Third, we missed the first day of our new
Enrichment Class AND our usual dance classes
(also, because of the nasty germs).

Finally, we had some "emergency" grocery shopping that
HAD to be done due the threat of icy weather.

So, lesson plans were adjusted, and THANKFULLY the kiddos
were still able to do school
(the virus did not last long- yahoo!).

This is good, because I REALLY wanted us to reach our 100th day of school this Friday.

AND, WE DID!
We reached 100 days of our 1st year in Homeschooling!

Yabba Dabba Doo!
Breakfast had to set the tone for the day,
so we has turkey bacon and whole wheat blueberry muffins
(in the shape of 100, of course!).
After having prayer time and reading Psalm 100
(we have SO MUCH to be thankful for!),
we read "The 100th Day of School" by Angela Shelf Medearis.
We moved right into our Calendar Time,
which was so fun,
since we had many "changes"...




We then had a snack, "Muffin Tin Monday" style.

(I will explain this better for my "Muffin Tin Monday"
post on, well, Monday!)

After snack time, we took a walk,
"100's Day Style!"

(Please note that our walking stick was a Yard Stick.)
We took 100 baby steps...
100 "Mommy Steps"...
(which led us a bit away from the house)
We then measured 100 feet with our
"Walking Stick"...
(Baby Girl served as my "Measurement Marker.")
For lunch, we had 100 shaped peanut butter sandwiches.
After lunch, we got a little crafty and made
"100's Day Hats"...
(I had to make one too!)
We then covered 100 circles with 100 stickers...
(We often display our work on the back of the front door.)
We wrapped up the day with a fun candy game...
(which, for the life of me, I can't find the link I got this at!)
Jungle Girl led this activity after I explained the rules...
Basically, the kiddos rolled a couple of dice,
and marked off on their heart sheets the number of hearts that they rolled.

Every 10 hearts they crossed off, they got to get either
5 conversation hearts
or
5 blueberries.

Basically, it was a great way to count and have a snack!
To end our "fun"-tastic day,
it started to snow!

I am so blessed to be able to homeschool my crazy kiddos!

Check out more fun at this week's weekly wrap-up on Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers!

7 comments:

  1. I am amazed at what you got done this week...bugs and all!!

    What a fun 100th day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute- Lots of neat 100 day ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you, wonder woman! You're doing a great job with the kids and I'm thrilled that you have the opportunity to do all that you're doing!

    dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute, cute!!

    What a creative mommy you are. And I love the wonder woman underoos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a great week! I love all the hands on and visual activities!! I see below you read Freight Train, that is one of my favorite books for little ones, I just adore it.

    ReplyDelete