Sunday

Trimming the Tree

Well, life has been BUSY as of late, so my post may be in spurts...

Let me begin with the trimming of our tree...

On Tuesday evening (December 8th) we FINALLY got around to decorating our Christmas Tree. (Baby Girl would have had us put it up in October, so you can IMAGINE her daily pleas for the tree!)

Super Dad's job is to set up the tree. It's prelit, so we don't have to fool with any lights!

In my family growing up, the first ornament we always put on was a little wooden Nativity scene. My parents gave me this ornament a few years age, but when we started decorating the tree, i couldn't find it. SO I put up another Nativity scene I had...
We started decorating the tree around 8pm at night, so "Trimming the Tree" turned into a two day affair. To appease the masses, each child got to put on one of their ornaments that evening before heading off to bed.

Jungle Girl chose to put up her Nativity scene since I put up one of mine...

Baby Girl chose her pretty pink dance shoes...
(Little Wild Man didn't make it, so he put up his ornament on Day Two.)
Before calling it a night, I also placed the ornaments we made for ourselves from the Crafty Crow's Ornament Exchange...




Day Two...

Before Garrett left for preschool, he put up his ornament...
By the end of the day, our tree was trimmed (with the Angel Topper going on last!).
Ahhhhhhhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment