Friday

Science Sunday: Food Chain Fun

During Science this week,
we discussed Food Chains and Food Webs.

To introduce this concept to the kiddos, I read...
...this book.

(I love Jan Pienkowski's books!
They are pop-ups with a sense of humor I deeply appreciate...)
In the book, each creature eats the one before it,
just like consumers, consumers, and decomposes in a food chain.
We then cracked open our
Usborne Living World Encyclopedia...
...and read more about food chains and food webs.
Then, we created our own food chains/web...
I created cards with pictures of
producers, consumers, and decomposes on them...
The kiddos and I created food chains
(like the leaf-rabbit-fox)
and linked them together with string,
and then linked the chains together to make a food web.
(Aren't we grateful for the world's best garbage men?)
Learning how God's World works is fun!

Check out more super science over at Science Sunday on Adventures in Mommydom!

1 comment:

  1. I think I love your blog! I'll be back for more great ideas for homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete