Monday

Presidential Pancakes

We had such a fun breakfast this morning...
...in honor of our first President,
George Washington!

After being inspired by THIS post over on


...I fired up and buttered the griddle.

I used about 1/3 of a cup of batter to create...
 ...the head shape,
making certain to make an outline
with the batter first.
 I then quickly added about 1/4 of a cup more
of batter to finish filling in the face shape.
I also made a couple of regular pancakes,
which I used for the other facial features.

Now, make sure you don't flip the pancake until...
...the entire surface of the pancake is nice and bubbly.

Otherwise,
the pancake WILL tear-
trust me on this...

;0)

When the pancakes are done cooking...
...set them aside let them cool.

After they have cooled...
...use scissors to trim the face pancake
(if needed)...
...and cut out a nose, eyebrows, and lips.

Then,
depending upon your taste preference...
 ...add powdered sugar for the hair and eyes...
 ...or use whipped cream.

Thrown in a couple of chocolate chips...
 ...and you've got 
George Washington on a plate!

He sure seemed to leave a smile
on all the kiddos' faces...



Smiley B had perhaps the best reactions
towards the pancakes...
You want me to eat who?!?!?
Oh brother...
Well, I'll give it a go...

Happy President's Day, everybody!

*********************************

Linking up
with



2 comments:

  1. those pancakes are RIDICULOUSLY awesome!!!! what a special breakfast for some special kiddos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! I just pinned & would love to have you stop by & share at my linky party if you have the chance. :)
    http://teachbesideme.com

    ReplyDelete